because everyone loves a good mad lib…

when danny and i were planning our wedding, we realized we had SO. many. ideas! it’s hard to sort though all of your inspiration and decide what you ACTUALLY want to do…there’s a lot of pressure! a lot of our ideas sounded so much better in our heads…but turned out quite unfortunately on paper. however, this began a fun process of tweaking and re-thinking until (luckily!) it was better than we’d imagined.

a perfect example of this process was our invitations. danny designed all of our paper products, which blew my mind. truly! i had absolutely NO idea he could do that!! and actually, i didn’t find out he had this secret talent until AFTER we’d hired a graphic designer to create our invitations. one afternoon, after we’d received some rough drafts back from said designer and i wasn’t exactly thrilled, danny went to work. he took one look at her e-mail, then looked at me and said “hold on, give me a second.” and then, 5 minutes later… “is this what you want?” my response “UMM yes, actually. EXACTLY what i want! and by the way, are there any other secrets i should know about you?!”

needless to say, i was thrilled! from picking out the perfect “cute” font to re-sizing the spacing only a million and a half times (me? perfectionist? GUILTY!) danny did an amazing job (with the invitations AND putting up with me)!

i highly recommend doing mad libs for your rsvp cards. getting them in the mail each day was SO much fun! we got all sorts of advice, from really serious and genuine to extremely ridiculous and borderline inappropriate. here are some of my favorites…

man, i miss getting those every day.

on second thought, i might start sending out random mad libs in the mail…keep your eyes peeled!

Comments
11 Responses to “because everyone loves a good mad lib…”
  1. SjD says:

are you FOR REAL?! that’s the cutest thing i’ve ever seen. EVER!!

2. Kristen says:

you’re too kind, sara! thank you! they were SO fun!

3. Arlee says:

Randomly found your post online while looking for ideas for response cards for my wedding. I absolutely LOVE these!! Thanks so much for sharing!

4. Michelle says:

What FONT did he use for these…. CUTE IDEA!!!

5. Becky says:

Hello,
    These are adorable!! Is there any way you can send me the template? I would LOVE to use these!!

6. Christine says:

I am using this idea! It’s awesome and I love getting personal messages from everyone. One question, did you have any problem using postcard form? I can’t imagine you would have had any more problems than when using envelopes, I’ve just had terrible luck with USPS.

• Kristen says:

hi Christine! no, we didn’t have any real problems…luckily! the only thing was that some of the cards came back a little scuffed up, or torn in a few places due to the fact that we just used a normal cardstock, but we didn’t run into any problems sending them out. hopefully you will have the same luck! xo

7. Elyse says:

My fiance and i are using this too, if you have the template still i’d love to have it as a reference. I laughed as I read some of your samples! Now what did you have on the other side of the post card? Just your address and stamp?

8. Robin says:

This is the best mad lib rsvp I’ve seen!! Planning my daughter’s wedding – any chance you have the template available? And how much?
    Thank you!!

9. Francesca says:

Hi,
    I know this post was awhile ago but is there a template for these? I love them so much and I having the worst time trying to get the formatting right to print them 🙁

10. Francesca says:

Hi, is there a template? I can’t find any online as cute as yours.